$10,000 CASH Raffle
Time & Location
About the Event
What would you do with $10,000?
Spirit of Discovery Park (SoDP) is offering YOU and opportunity to answer just that!
Spirit of Discovery Park will award ONE WINNER $10,000 CASH*. SoDP will NOT accept the cash prize given back. If the winner chooses to spend it at the gala, fantastic!
• Each raffle ticket costs $100, and the total number of raffle tickets sold will not exceed 200.
• Chances to WIN are GREAT!
• If you buy 10 tickets in a single purchase, you will get one FREE (total 11).
• The drawing will be held Friday, September 10, 2021 and will be LIVE at our Gala.
• You do NOT need to be present to win.
• Must be 18 years old+ to purchase a ticket.
• No employee of SoDP, members of its Board of Directors, Advisory Board Members, Piloting Managers, SoDP Volunteers, SoDP Interns, or those living in their households are eligible to participate.
GOOD LUCK! And thank you! Enter HERE!
$10,000 CASH RAFFLE GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
These official rules govern the conduct of the raffle. By purchasing a raffle ticket, you agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of Spirit of Discovery Park (SoDP), which shall be final. The $10,000 Cash Raffle is a fundraising activity in support of St. Louis Recreation Development Group, Inc. doing business as Spirit of Discovery Park.
Raffle ticket buyers must be 18 years of age or older. Raffle tickets may NOT be purchased in the name of a business, trust, corporation, or other entity, or wherever prohibited by applicable law. No employee of SoDP, members of its Board of Directors, Advisory Board Members, Piloting Managers, SoDP Volunteers, SoDP Interns, or those living in their households are eligible to participate. An affidavit of eligibility will be required from the prize winner.
The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries, or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. Raffle participants and prizewinners agree that SoDP will be able to use their name and/or likenesses for media including television, radio, web and print. The name of the prizewinner will be published on www.SpiritofDiscoveryPark.com website.
Tickets may be purchased, as defined below, solely from SoDP or their authorized representative. You may buy as many tickets as you wish subject to availability. Tickets may not be purchased by voicemail. Tickets may be purchased as follows: $100.00 dollars for one raffle ticket. When purchased, the buyers name will be entered onto the official raffle drawing site for an electronic drawing on Friday, September 10, 2021. If 10 tickets are purchased in a single transaction, one free ticket entry will be awarded to the buyer.
• The purchase price of each raffle ticket is stated above. A “Purchase” shall be defined as not occur and be binding on SoDP until funds delivered for the same have cleared the bank. Checks or money orders should be made payable to “Spirit of Discovery Park”. Payments should be made through the website at https://secure.givelively.org/donate/st-louis-recreation-development-group-inc/10-000-cash-raffle-no-give-backs, through VENMO at @Spiritof-DiscoveryPark comment: $10K raffle, or purchased directly from an authorized representative of SoDP.
• All monies received for tickets shall be considered “requests” until recorded by SoDP as a “purchase”. All sales and purchases of raffle tickets shall be deemed made and effective only upon acceptance at the offices of SoDP. For online purchases, an email confirmation of said purchase shall be sent via e-mail within forty-eight hours of the submission of said request or upon confirmation of payment received.
• Completed entries must be in the possession of SoDP, unless otherwise personally delivered to an authorized representative of SoDP by the time of the drawing which will occur on Friday, September 10, 2021.
• If an entrant’s check or credit card charge is dishonored prior to the drawing, the entry ticket/raffle numbers will be declared invalid and shall remain so until a new payment is received by SoDP. All check or credit card charges found dishonored after the drawing must be honored. A $25 charge will be assessed for non-sufficient funds or stop payment checks. There shall be no refunds for any reason unless specifically provided for in these rules.
SoDP reserves the right to reject any ticket order that is submitted that does not constitute “good funds”. All defective or physically altered order forms are subject to disqualification at the discretion of SoDP. Prior to the Grand Prize drawing SoDP will make a reasonable effort to notify any individual who submits such an entry form, or one which has been rejected because the credit card or check did not clear.
All raffle ticket sales are final. Tickets may not be changed, sold, or transferred by the purchasing party or anyone else. No refunds will be made except any ticket order after the deadline of Friday, September 10, 2021. No other refunds are available. SoDP assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or non-delivered mail or e-mail messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines. A raffle participant’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach by SoDP shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her raffle ticket(s). In no event shall SoDP, its directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives be liable to any party for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages of any person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
The winner will receive a cash prize of $10,000*.
The winner will be called by name and the cash prize is subject to tax withholding in accordance with applicable law. If the winner cannot be located after reasonable attempts to do so by Thursday, September 30, 2021, such winner will be deemed to have forfeited his or her prize. The winner’s name shall be posted on SoDP website or may be obtained by writing to SoDP, their directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of a winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. Each prize winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold SoDP, their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of such winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. SoDP is not providing legal or tax advice to any contestant or winner, and all contestants and winners are strongly advised to seek professional legal and/or tax advice.
The cash raffle drawing shall occur on Friday, September 10, 2021, with the number of tickets sold whether all 200 are sold or not. Ticket purchase deadline dates must be met to insure entry in the drawing. SoDP will make reasonable efforts to contact the person named on a winning raffle ticket, using the information on the winning raffle ticket request form. If, despite these efforts, the person named on a winning raffle ticket cannot be located by Friday, September 30, 2021, due to the time limitation on the prize after the drawing, any such person is ineligible under these rules or applicable law and that person will not be awarded the prize.
*Total amount of prize money awarded will be subject to tax withholding as discussed above as well as the potential for a lesser amount based on the total number of tickets sold.
Question? Contact Jamie Peniston Vann via email at email@example.com. ALL proceeds from this event will directly benefit the development of this park. We are a tax-exempt organization under IRS code section 501c3; EIN 37-1824921